The club was founded in 1989 by Dave Munro, but is now run as a community club with a committee of coaches. Dave was the first coach from the region who travelled to Thailand to train and fight and has been taking students there to train and compete since 1989.
Current Coaches Are:
- Dave Munro Former belt holder in kickboxing and Muay Thai with over 35 full contact and thai bouts worth of experience. 28 years of coaching experience.
- Jade Munro Former junior world kickboxing champion, ABA boxing champion and British and Commonwealth Muay Thai champion with over 40 bouts in all styles.
- John Hutchens Former boxing champion and veteran of over 140 amateur boxing bouts.
- Ben Mitchell Former junior world kickboxing champion.
- Aaron Monson Fitness coach and boxercise instructor.
- Bin Tyler Former world kickboxing champion.
- Cam McGarrigle Former junior world kickboxing champion.
- Carlos Carvalho Former British kickboxing champion.
- Mick Garlick Former WBFOMA semi contact team champion.
Roll of Honour
K9 Gym has produced 13 WKA/WKU/WTKA World Champions and Gold Medalists. Bin Tyler (WKA Pro Lightweight World Champ), junior World Champions Jade Munro (x3 2010-2012-2014), Cam McGarrigle 2009, Kelsea Carroll 2010, Jack Docherty (x2 2010-2011), Ben Mitchell 2010, Travis Manning 2011, Nicky McHugh (x2 2013-2014), Chiara Spink 2013, Remy Sayer (x2 2013-2015), Tia Sayer (x2 2013-2015), Imogen Casey 2013, Keira Sayer 2015 with several more medalling whilst competing for England in Kickboxing and K1.